Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Pils Report

Just finished kegging my Pre-Aged Pils. I had some problems with the keg, as one of the values has lost its gasket. I put it on the beer side and I'll just have to keep a tap on it. Also, once I looked more closely at a keg left it the basement by my house's previous owner, it turned out to be pin lock rather than ball lock. This is a pain, especially since I just bought a new lid for it. Oh well, maybe I can use it for a hop back in the new system I am designing.

Overall the Pils seems to have turned out well. Darker color than I would shoot for with all grain, but for extract it looks ok. It finished at 1.014, with no noticeable hop aroma. I'm chilling it now to prepare for force carbonation, and I hope to drink by Labor Day.


Comments on "The Pils Report"

 

post a comment