Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Pils Update and State Fair Results

The Pilsner I brewed yesterday with 6 year old yeast has started fermenting. Two bubbles per second through the airlock 12 hours after pitching. Not bad. I guess dry yeast is good for something after all. If all goes well I hope to go from ingredients to drinkable keg beer in about 9 days. That is a little faster than I consume 5 gallons, so this should be sustainable.

I also found out the results of the CO State Fair Homebrew Competition. Neither of mine placed, but it looks like my BooYah Brown was only one place out. Mike Rotert, Jim Fixari and Cary Floyd from my homebrew club KROC all finished with medals (about 10 for Cary). Congrats guys.

Comments on "Pils Update and State Fair Results"

 

post a comment