Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Great American Beer Fest

This year is the 25th annual Great American Beer Festival, which is held in Denver Colorado at the end of September. The GABF is America's number one beer event, with over 1600 beers from 380 American breweries. All of these beers are available to be sampled over the three day event, and if you can get them all you are a much better drinker than I am.

The GABF runs Thursday September 28th, Friday the 29th and Saturday the 30th. Thursday and Friday the GABF runs from 5:30pm to 10pm, and there are two sessions on Saturday. The early session is the "connoisseur" tasting and awards ceremony and runs from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. The Saturday evening session is the "drunk fest" and runs from 5:30pm to 10pm.

Over the past few years I have been to the Thursday and Friday sessions, but this year will be my first Saturday. Thursday is sedate and fairly quiet, but Friday is a bit more lively. From what I have heard Saturday night is completely out of control. I'll be going to the afternoon session for the ProAm awards and volunteering Friday night. Thursday night my homebrew club will be hosting the World Brewers' Forum, which I'll discuss tomorrow.

Hope to see you at the GABF!

Comments on "The Great American Beer Fest"

 

post a comment