Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Looking for Good Beer in Kan's Ass

I have to travel to Kansas a few times a month. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that this crowd has heard of BEER. There is only one kind of microbrew available, and that isn't too good. The average liquor store has half a case dedicated to beer, where in Colorado the average liquor store IS a beer store. This mystifies me, since Kansas shares a border with Colorado: home of Good Beer.

Even the Missouri side of Kansas City seems to be beer friendly. I was introduced to a great Missouri brew pub yesterday, the 75th Street Brewery. They have a couple of GABF medals under their belt. Unfortunately, I was there at lunch so I could only check out their Root Beer. I saw the brewers hopping a batch on their 5 BBL system though.

Comments on "Looking for Good Beer in Kan's Ass"

 

post a comment